5.17.2009

074: Endless Summer — Rapha Continental



Welcome to West Virginia

I'm skipping over a ride here I know, but some of the stuff that we saw today (Sunday) was crazy. I'm talking Taxidermy Crazy. If there is such a thing. My pal Kyle over at Tracko said that he wanted to see some taxidermy. So, I said to myself, "Self, you need to find that dude some taxidermy."

But before I go into that. Let it be know that this was one of the best rides I've done in a long time. Dan Action even went so far as to say..." this could be one of the greatest rides..." he trailed off after that, but I think it was because we were so spent.

Now, not only did I find you some taxidermy, Tracko, but I found you a banjo teaching (possibly mooshine gittin) taxidermist too. And he was psyched to show us around his shop. Ok, maybe psyched is a bit of a stretch, but he did play a few tunes for us and let us poke through his shop.

Ensue Insanity, Ensue.




The Deer below are in transit. They are waiting for the skin to dry and apparently the swatches of foam are holding their faceskin tight. Yikes. Like a face-job, for dead deer. Imagine that.




Tools of the Trade:
1 Bucknife
1 Immaculately clean operating table
2000 T stick pins
A little bit of Magic Smooth
and it looks like you're go to go...




I wonder if you could use the Magic-Smooth on your legs. A little "Belgian Hardener" anyone?