6.22.2009

088: Two Videos

I like videos and they're all over the internet these days. People tell me things like "if you want your website to succeed you need to have videos." So, what do I do. I look for cool videos to include on my website. Shit, if that's what the people want, then I'll give the people what they want.

So, back to the matter at hand here. Chris Horner. I have two favorite US Pro Racers (two besides Adam "Jazzy" Myerson) and those are Tim Johnson #1 and Chris Horner #2. It is all because of the Animal Burgers in case you're wondering. Sorry about the broken leg, Chris. But, I'm glad that you're getting a little love from local coverage.

Amazing little cut of this Oregon Live interview. I would love to see the whole thing. Tell us Chris, how many times have you been injured in cycling?

Oh you want to know? Then check out the "interactive" section of the piece at the bottom.

What I really love about this video though is Horner's enthusiasm for his sport. He races bikes because he loves it and wants to be the best at his job. Even if his job means that it "isn't in his contract to win races" he's there to work, to get it done.











The second video was brought to my attention by a good friend and local bike shop mechanic Dave Rose. He was immediately drawn to this character based on his forthcoming book "Meat is for Pussies." Hell, I'm drawn to it too, but maybe more in a novelty sort of way.

NOTE: In all seriousness watch all 5 minutes of this video. It will change your life.

John Joseph New York City Urban Warfare Cro-Mag Training from Polygraph Productions on Vimeo.

I don't really even know what to say about this guy. Besides talk about how amazing he is. Check out the first couple of scenes where we get to see the Cro-Mag lead singer ride around NYC in a Saxo Bank Jersey on Cosmic Carbone's. It is right about at minute 1:00. He's really going for it.
See him dive into that corner, damn!

And his training regime? Dialed.

And if you think you're over training. You're not. Don't let your mind fool you into thinking you need some rest. Seriously. Be the master of your own mind. John Joseph is.

Something tells me that he and BikeSnob hang out. They kick it together and then they kick the snot out of other people together. Then, together with Chuck Norris, they all have a laugh about their exploits together. And then Chuck caves their skulls in with a sneeze or something. It could happen.

So, today, I leave you with this.

a) this is exactly why New York City is awesome. Listen to his voice. Listen to the words that he is speaking directly to you.

b) "you don't always need to be in the gym. Get that out of your head. Its just important to train. And its always good to mix in resistance training with cardio. That's how you become a beast. That's how you become a Cro-Mag."

Because isn't that what we all want anyway?